Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Message to Rep. Joe Courtney, CT 2nd District

I received an email today from our House Rep. Joe Courtney, that crowed about the wonderful NDAA bill that he "worked on the final language" for and voted for that got more submarine contract work to New London County. I sent him the following message back on his website:

I am in receipt of your email regarding the NDAA bill. Mr. Courtney, I would not be so hasty to attach my name and associate myself with this bill. Its provision for indefinite detainment of US citizens without due process is a travesty of everything this country was built on, and an insult to the thousands of our citizens who fought and died to protect our Constitutional rights. 
No sir, I would not be so hasty to take credit for gutting habeas corpus and pushing us one step further toward a totalitarian police state. I can assure you, sir, that I will expend my energy to remove from office you and every other member of Congress who voted for it, and the President, should he not veto it. 
Frankly, I find it revolting that you think our freedoms can be bought with a submarine contract. You and every member of Congress that voted for this bill should be ashamed of yourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home