Monday, September 25, 2006

The Church Lady

Remember Dana Carvey's hilarious SNL character "The Church Lady"? I was reminded of something she used to say today. I was reading this news article just now, and I could just hear The Church Lady saying, "Wellllllll, isn't that conveeeeeenient?".

Just before the midterm elections, when the Republicans are getting the tar beat of them in the public opinion polls, suddenly gas prices go down, and W's approval rating goes up. Convenient indeed.

Personally, I think it's the oil companies deciding they can stand lower profits for a few weeks to keep their buddies in office, rather than the Republicans making a few phone calls to make it happen.

Mere circumstance? You decide.

1 Comments:

Blogger ctblogger said...

Hey Blue,

send me an email when you get a chance...

Tue Sep 26, 07:57:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home